Monday, October 18, 2010

Bug Box-What's Bugging You

There is a caterpillar in there somewhere.
It was a box that was found by my husband when he came home from work.  The mail man left it there thinking no one was home.  We all were but I think that we were all laying down for a nap.  But anyway...the box was quickly opened and what did we find inside?



Well...lots of different things from the grandparents.  But the biggest hit was the Bug Box.  Mostly cause my Wonder Girl loves bugs.  She couldn't wait to fill the box with bugs all kinds and being alive wasn't a problem.  She put some dead bugs inside too.

So far we've had a caterpillar, several ants (most who escaped through the wholes in the screen), random insects that i really don't know what they are called, and currently a spider and crickets (so the spider can eat.)  Those who know me, we now have a spider as a pet.  Yes a spider.  Which still creeps me out.  But it is living outside in the bug box so I'm okay with it for now.

This isn't Charlotte, but another spider she found.
The best part is that Wonder Girl and my husband have gotten some time to spend with each other.  They spend every few days hunting around the house and yard together for crickets to feed the spider and other insects for it to eat.  They even manged to get some science in as well.  Learning about the spiders, who I forgot to mention that its name is Charlotte (after the spider from Charlotte's Web), from videos and the knowledge of what my husband already knows of spiders.
Wonder Girl with her bug.


But before I go I did what to state that since they catch several crickets at once and the spider takes a few days to eat them all they do feed the crickets too.  That is until the Charlotte eats it.  They give it a slice of apple to share and as of this afternoon there is part of Wonder Girl's waffle in the box also.




No comments:

Post a Comment