Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Civil War Unit-War Between the States

We finished our first 6 weeks as we continue our study of American History.  We have gone back to WinterPromise using their American Story 2.  We just finished our study of the Civil War and the Underground Railroad. Which was a instant hit with everyone.  Here are some of the things we added to our Civil War study.  These are just a few things of we added. 

If you want a more full schedule then you can download it here.  It is only of the first 6 weeks that covers Civil War for now. But it has all the videos, books, coloring pages and other things I added for Civil War.


Here are just some of what we added for you to preview.


Books we used:

Some of the Videos:

There are 6 videos for this.  Here is the first one.






Lapbook & Notebook Pages 

You can find the link to the lapbook/notebook i made here: Last Safe House
Here is how it looked like when completed.



Civil War Lapbook I added.  I added lots more and you can find all of it in the schedule I made.  The link is up above.



Projects:


Confederate Flag



Biscuit & Gravy with Strawberries
(Civil War time period meal) 


Two Layer Cake with Strawberry filling
(another Civil War time period meal) 


Fort Sumter Flag


Making Homemade wrapping paper



Well I hope you enjoyed all the added things we did.  The schedule I created I'm sure can be used for about any other American history curriculum, but it was made to be used as an add on for WinterPromise's American Story 2.

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! I especially like the strawberry cake. Biscuits and gravy with strawberries is strange, but I'm sure everyone found it interesting. We are definitely going to be using your printables when we get to this part of history. :)

    ReplyDelete