Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Covered Wagon

This year we are took a trip back to the Wild West.  Most of it was a review of what we learned last year, but we managed to learn some new things. One thing we did this year, that we didn't do last year was make a covered wagon.  

Last year I bought WinterPromise's Early American Trades & Crafts Kit.  This kit has lot of different craft kits that are already pre-made for you.  One of the crafts was to make a Covered Wagon.  We never did it last year, but this year Dare-Devil Boy really wanted to make one.  


So I went searching for the kit and pulled it out to make.  My husband did the main building.

Dare-Devil Boy paint the covered wagon.  

With the help of Wonder Girl

And I had the task of hand sewing the cover onto the wagon. Which took a lot longer then I thought.  There is the final product.  Hondo wanted to get in to the picture.


Not sure what to do with it now.  My husband plans on making it into a lamp.  But as for now it'll be sitting up a high shelf so it doesn't get broken.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool! I think we'll make this in a few years when we hit American History. I have that kit too. ;)

    ReplyDelete