Friday, January 22, 2010

Our Breif Trip to China


The last two weeks of so we have been going through a short unit of Ancient China.  

It has been learning experience for both my son and me.  We learned how silk was made, that the Chinese invented the compass, an earthquake detector, and paper.  Yeah I never new that.  Or I did and don't remember.  Either way it was something knew for us both.  

To go along with with our unit on China we've been making a lapbook.  (a lapbook for those that don't know what it is in a nutshell it is a file folder that has been that is part scrapbook, part hands on project holder and review notes.)  I got the most of the templates for our China Lapbook from HomeschoolShare there Ancient China Unit and Dynamic 2 Moms under there Ancient Civilzation Unit.  There is how the outside of our lapbook looks like in the picture up above.  

Here is a another picture of the inside of our lapbook of all the things we covered while learning about Ancient China.





Pictures of some of the Projects we've been made to go along with our china unit.

Terra Cotta Soldiers Clothes pins






Chinese Lantern Chinese Numbers
(I got the these from the History Pockets we are using)


Shadow Puppets
(I got the the template fore this website)



Finally the Mini-Scroll & Wood Book

We are moving right along and are going back into Ancient Greek history.  Covering there Dark ages and then the Persian Wars.  Touching a bit on the Rise of the Roman Empire.  We are excited or at least I am.  Cause it means we are almost done with school.  I'll post on our eveything we've done on Ancient Greek when we've finished the whole time period on them.  That lapbook is still under construction.





No comments:

Post a Comment