Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Now I Know My A...

Since last week we've started Preschool with Wonder Girl.  She is loving and enjoying it a lot.  For me teaching her and getting her ready for Kindergarten has actually been more fun and busy then when I was teaching Dare Devil Boy.  Mostly cause I know more what I doing this time around and I have been able to get more help and find more resources then I did with him.

This year we are doing a bunch of things with Wonder Girl.  I'm using a mix of Totally Tots and No Time for Flash Cards to help and some crafts to learning letters each week.  Also it has made it more fun for both her and me.  (Even fun for Daddy.  Since he gets to tap into his creative crafty side when he teaches her too.)

Also we have been making a letter notebook.  Which I got the lapbook from Homeschool Share.  Adding to all this I've just made up much of our own Math games to teach numbers, counting, sorting, patterns, & everything else.  Then finally for some handwriting we are doing Handwriting without Tears: PreK Get Set for School program, which she is enjoying.

So here is a peek at last week's letter (Aa) and game.

Wonder Girl making her big "A" alligator





The finished product.


Pasting something in her Letter Notebook.


Simple Egg counting game.

I picked up some plastic eggs over Easter knowing I would use them for something.  Which I have done.  I used pom poms and beads.  There are 12 eggs but the amount of beads or pom poms in each egg only go from 1-6.  Which means that each number is used twice.
Then I used large index cards and labeled each card with numbers from 1-6.  Next I had Wonder Girl stamp something on that card amounting to whatever number is on that card.  Ex.  Card 1=1 butterfly stamp, card 2=2 flowers stamps and so on.


Finally I let her open each egg, count the number of pom poms or beads in that egg, then find and place that object on the correct number card.  Once she was done doing that, she placed the items back in the open egg and left it in the carton.


No comments:

Post a Comment