Thursday, August 26, 2010

Tepi, not TP

Beside our trip into the world of vikings last week we also have been doing a Native American study.  This week we focused on the Hopi and a few of the Plains Indians.  The highlight and the biggest thing that came out of this was our Tepi.  

Dare-Devil Boy and my husband did the actually building of the Tepi or the none paper one at least.  Wonder Girl and I made a paper one for her to play with.  Complete with people and other things.

Spider-Dad first tracing out the shape.
 

Next cutting out the fabric.
 
As my husband was doing that Dare-Devil Boy 
was trying to put up the poles on his own.

The final product.  Even with Native Americans.  
(I didn't mange to get the actually raise of the tepi because
the did it while I was out.)

Later Dare-Devil Boy set up his Indian guys and Viking guys
for a formal meeting.



And finally...Wonder Girl's Tepi.  She was very 
excited to have one of her own.










1 comment:

  1. I love how this curriculum can incorporate the littles more than some.

    ReplyDelete