Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Pencil Box Lunch

A quick post about our first day of school.  

Unlike public or even private schools my kids done buy or bring their lunch to school.  They get it made fresh, made for on the spot and whatever (as long as we have it in the house) usaully whatever then want that day to eat. (This doesn't count candy, cakes or junk food.  That's a dessert in our houses.  And are given only if good.)

So to mix things up and make the first day of school fun.  I packed lunches.  But I didn't pack them in any old brown paper bag.  Nope. I used their old pencil boxes.  I cleaned them, packed what i could fit in to that box.  Which is more then I thought I could.  Then when it was time to break for lunch I pulled them out for them to eat out of.

It was an instant hit!  The only thing that didn't fit in the box was a drink, but that didn't bother them to much.  I just poured some milk and soy milk for them on the side.  This was simple, fun and my kids want me to do it more.  So it just might be something more regular we do in our school days.

No comments:

Post a Comment