Monday, August 16, 2010

Early America

Our homeschooling journey is going back to the future.  Really we are going back into Early American History this year.  So far it has been a great one.  
 
This week we are learning about Native Americans and how they first came to America.  Along with reading some great books we have manged to do some great hands-on projects.  (Which I excited about cause I haven't had to schedule and hunt down them.  I have add some things but nothing like I did last year.)  There is a look at what we have learned this week. 

We started our school day with our bible reading.  We have been reading from a Children's bible  story book.  As I was reading my kids decided to draw a picture of what I read.  Here are their interpretations of the creation story.


Dare-Devil Boy's
God Creating the world.
(The person floating is the sky, I was informed is God. Not a superman flying.)






Wonder Girl's
God creating the world picture.
(She told me that she made fish that could fly. Because she didn't have room in the water for them.)



Here is one of the notebook pages we made. 


One of the highlights of the week was learning to play an Native Ameican game.  This game is called the Plum Game.  Dare-Devil and Spider-Dad had a great time playing it. 

 

2 comments:

  1. I love how you adapted the Pequot Indian page. Did you color and assemble for him? DId you cut slits in so the boat looks like it was in the water? We skipped that activity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First I cut the picture in half. Then let him colored the picture...well most of it. i colored a random basket. then after he colored all of it i assembled it altogether. (yes i cut the slits so it looks like it in the water.) then my son glued it on to the page. it was fun.

    ReplyDelete