Saturday, March 26, 2011

Spring and Play Camping

Spring is here and is the rain.  But during the days that weren't raining we managed to get a few good days of sunshine and get outside to play.  I even manged to hang my clothes out on the line to dry.  (Something I'll admit that I've only recently come to love now as an adult.  Why?  It could be with the fact that sometimes its the only time alone I get.)

While the kids played outside on the swings, slides and my husband worked on my van it was no surprise that I found Wonder Girl making her own campsite under the shade of my husband's jeep.  And all I could think was, "She's her Daddy's little girl alright."


For those that don't know, my husband is a huge outdoors man.  Camping (not an RV, but in tents without showers for a week kind of camping.), hiking, rock climbing and survival things are what makes him happy.  So much so that he actually enjoys camping in the middle of winter with snow and freezing weather.  I think he's crazy.  I don't like it when it dips below 70, but that's what I love about him.  

Anyway getting back to Wonder Girl.  She had a great time just playing by herself with out the rough and tumble that comes with there brothers.  She made she self a pretend fire, pile of extra wood, and even a bed to lay on that was off the ground to keep warm.  Then later she took her snack outside to eat at her campsite.  


Here Is Wonder Girl eating her snack at her campsite.







No comments:

Post a Comment